The Types And Various Categories of USA Visas - Newdich

The Types And Various Categories of USA Visas

The types and various categories of USA visas are nonimmigrants, immigrants, and L-visas. This article will explain each of these categories in detail. You may be wondering which one is the right one for you. This article will cover the various types of nonimmigrant visas and their different purposes. Listed below are some of the differences between them. We’ll also touch on trade visas and L-visas.

Nonimmigrant visas

There are various types of nonimmigrant visas available in the USA. Some of these visas allow people to enter the country temporarily while their immigrant visa is being processed. Other visas are designed to allow the spouse or children of lawful permanent residents to enter the country. For example, the K-3 visa is designed for people who want to spend a short period of time in the USA while their spouse is applying for a green card.

Different Ways To Migrate To Canada

In order to apply for a nonimmigrant visa, you must demonstrate your ties to your home country and meet the requirements for your particular category. During the visa interview, the consular officer will ask you about your plans and your travel itinerary. Applicants who are employed or seeking a job may need to apply for a B-1 visa. Nonimmigrant visa applicants must have a B-2 visa.


The United States offers several types of USA visas. Some of them are student visas, others are work visas. Students who are studying in the country for at least 90 days need to obtain a student visa to enter the country. Other categories include J visas, which are issued to foreign students enrolled in an academic program at an accredited American institution. Applicants must also meet certain requirements in order to receive a J visa.

Living in the USA - A Guide to Finding the Right Neighborhood for You

For example, an employee of an international company can obtain an H-1B visa if they are being transferred there and have been working for the company for at least one year. An employee must have attained a managerial or executive position with the international company and have specialized knowledge for the position. The spouse of a person holding an L-1 visa is also permitted to visit the USA. A person who is applying for an L-1 visa must have worked for the company for at least one year at the same time.

Trade visas

The U.S. Department of State maintains a list of countries that are treaty partners with the United States. If you’re a national of a treaty partner country and are interested in entering the U.S. for business purposes, you’ll want to check the list to see if your country is eligible to apply for an E-1 visa. The E-1 visa requires that you engage in substantial trade between the United States and your treaty partner. In other words, your trade volume must be at least 51 percent of the total.

Understanding Canada's Points-Based Immigration System

The E-1 visa is for professionals and skilled workers with at least two years of experience. EB-2 visas are for unskilled labor. They require a college degree and have less stringent requirements, but have longer backlogs than other visas. In general, all cases in employment-based third preference require an employer to sponsor the applicant, and most require approval of PERM labor.