The University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health, related to the Exceptional Program for Research and Training in Tropical Sicknesses (TDR), facilitated at the World Health Association in Geneva, Switzerland, welcomes reasonably qualified possibility to apply for a full grant upheld by TDR to attempt the full-time Ace Degree Program in the field of Usage Science.
The degree program is available to applicants from a scope of controls including clinical and other health-related fields; measurements and other quantitative fields, just as demography and sociologies. The degree program ought to likewise speak to applicants who need to turn out to be increasingly engaged with research in health-related fields.
The University of the Witwatersrand is one of seven colleges around the globe partaking in the TDR Postgraduate Training Scheme, which means to fortify limit in usage research.
Execution research is a developing field that supports the distinguishing proof of health framework bottlenecks and ways to deal with location them, and is especially helpful in low-and center pay nations where numerous health intercessions don’t achieve the individuals who need them. The objective of reinforcing limit in usage research on irresistible illnesses of destitution (specifically, the dismissed tropical ailments, intestinal sickness and tuberculosis) and boosting the quantity of researchers and specialists in low and center salary nations is in accordance with the TDR center around improving the health and prosperity of individuals troubled by irresistible infections of neediness through research and advancement.
DEGREE Program ON OFFER: MSc The study of disease transmission in the field of Usage
WITS School of Public Health Postgraduate Training Scholarship Eligibility.
- Be resident in and a national of a low- or middle-income country in the WHO African Region.
- Applicants should normally be 35 or younger for the Master Programme. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- Be proficient in English.
- Meet the Programme’s requirements: http://www.wits.ac.za/publichealth/academic-programmes/postgraduate/master-of-science-in-epidemiology/
WITS School of Public Health Postgraduate Training Scholarship Benefits.
The scheme will provide full scholarships for seven Masters in the 2020 academic year and covers the following:
- Return economy air fare.
- Tuition fees.
- Basic medical and accident insurance.
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation.
- Support for the research project expenses.
Further, recipients’ careers will be tracked with the new TDR Global alumni and stakeholder platform that will monitor the impact of the programme, as well as provide networking and increased visibility opportunities for the Fellows.
Method of Application
The application process is two-fold.
1. Application to the University of the Witwatersrand
Apply by completing a University of the Witwatersrand postgraduate application form online at: http://www.wits.ac.za/postgraduate/applications/
Application fee is R200 for both international and local applications.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 31 July 2019.
Applicants should note to apply for accommodation also.
2. Application for the TDR scholarship
The application for the TDR scholarship should be made separately in writing and should include the following documents:
- A letter of motivation for applying for the scholarship.
- A certified copy of the bio-data page of the passport.
- Evidence of application to study Implementation Science as the field of study in the MSc Epidemiology Programme at the University of the Witwatersrand of the School of Public Health commencing in the 2019 academic year.
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including a description of relevant research and work experience.
- Two confidential referee reports should be sent directly by the referees to Mrs Gloria Bowes (Gloria.Bowes@wits.ac.za).
The application deadline for TDR scholarships is 31 July 2019.